ARTICLE I: NAME
The official name of this organization shall be “The Asian Tennis Federation” (hereinafter referred to as “the Federation”). It may also be officially referred to as the “ATF”.
ARTICLE II: HEADQUARTERS
The headquarters of the Federation shall be at such place within the region of Asia as shall from time to time be decided by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE III: STATUS
The Federation is a non-profit making and non-political organization to which
membership is open to Asian countries and territories without regards to race, religion, color or creed.
ARTICLE IV: OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the Federation are:
1. To promote, develop and raise the standard of tennis in Asia;
2. To encourage and assist in the formation and development of governing tennis bodies in the Asian countries and territories;
3. To establish and promote friendly relations among members of the Federation;
4. To assist and support the development of programs in all aspects of tennis in
member countries and territories;
5. To co-ordinate tournaments in Asia and to appoint committees and court officials in official tournaments;
6. To do all such other lawful things as may be incidental or may be deemed to be conducive to the attainment of these objectives, or any of them;
7. To employ the funds of the Federation in such a manner as shall be deemed
8. To safeguard the interest of Members and of ATF as a regional body;
9. To execute all functions, which the ITF may delegate to the regional Association;
10. To work at all times within the Rules and Regulations of the ITF and accept as final the ruling of the Federation in any matter.
ARTICLE V: MEMBERSHIP
1. Tennis Associations of nations and territories located within the geographical boundaries
of Asia and affiliated with the Olympic Council of Asia (hereinafter referred to as “OCA”) are eligible for membership in the Federation, whether or not such tennis associations are also members of the International Tennis Federation (hereinafter referred to as the “ITF”). Following the ITF Constitution, Associations in Asia must be a member of the Federation before applying for membership of the ITF.
2. Application by a new member shall be reviewed and processed by the Board of Directors, and after which the same shall be submitted to the Annual General Meeting for decision. Each application shall include full details of the game and its development in that country or territory, and shall be accompanied by the written constitution of the Association and a sum equivalent to the current initial membership fee and the first year’s membership dues. If the application is then, for whatever reason(s) not approved, the payment shall be returned in full.
3. The Board of Directors, on receiving an application for membership, shall appoint a representative to visit the country and submit a report to the Board. The cost of travel shall be borne by the Federation.
4. Upon approval of the application for membership at the Annual General Meeting, the new members name shall be included in the roll of members of the Federation.
5. Membership in the Federation shall be terminated forthwith upon the happening of any of the following events: – a. Withdrawal of membership.
b. Termination of member’s status as the governing body of tennis in its country: and
c. Suspension of, or expulsion from, membership of the ITF or OCA;
d. Any Association, whose continued membership, in the opinion of the
Federation, seriously damage the standing of tennis as a regional and international sport, shall be suspended as a member of the Federation. And such a resolution must be made at a General Meeting of the Federation.
6. Membership in the Federation shall be terminated upon resolutions passed for that purpose in an Annual or Special General Meeting of the Federation or any of the following grounds:
a. Non-payment of any obligation and annual contribution for two (2)
b. Violation of the constitution, rules and regulations of the Federation; and
c. Any act or cause, which might impede friendly relations among members, or
induce a significant number of members from participation in official events.
7. The rules governing membership adopted by the ITF from time to time shall apply to the Federation save in so far as they are inconsistent with the provisions of this Article herein above contained.
ARTICLE VI: GENERAL MEETINGS
1. The Federation shall hold Annual General Meetings yearly at such a place and date, which will be fixed by members in the Annual General Meeting of the preceding year.
2. Special General Meetings of the Federation shall be called by the President upon written request from at least five (5) members on their own initiatives when, in their opinion, a matter requires urgent action by the Federation.
3. The Notice of an Annual or Special General Meeting shall be circulated by the Secretary General to all members at least sixty (60) days before the said meeting.
4. A member of the Board of Directors may request for the inclusion of any proposal in the agenda of a meeting provided that the proposal is received by the office of the Secretary General of the Federation forty-five (45) days before the said meeting.
5. The Agenda of the meeting shall be sent to all members twenty (20) days before the scheduled meeting.
6. A member of the Federation may, by resolution of said member’s governing body, authorize such person as it thinks fit to act as its representative at any meeting of the Federation. And the persons so authorized shall be entitled to exercise the same powers on behalf of the member which he represents.
ARTICLE VII: VOTES
1. On each question arising at any Annual or Special General Meeting of the
Federation, a member shall be entitled to three (3) votes, if it has 9 to 12 votes in ITF; two (2) votes if it has 3 to 7 votes in ITF; and one (1) vote if it has 0 to 1 vote in ITF.
2. Simple majority of the total number of votes allocated to the members present in the Annual or Special General Meeting (as the case may be) shall be sufficient to approve any proposal except for the amendment of this Constitution, which shall require a 2/3 of the total number of votes allocated to members present in the meeting.
3. The quorum of the meeting shall be 1/3 of the number of members.
4. Subject to paragraph 5 of this Article, at any General Meeting a resolution put to the vote shall be decided by a show of hands.
5. All resolutions for the election of officers to the Board of Directors and/or any alteration or addition to the Constitution of the Federation shall be decided by a poll.
ARTICLE VIII: GOVERNING BODY
1. The governing body of the Federation is the Annual General Meeting and the Board of Directors is its implementing body, whose function is to manage and administer the affairs and business of the Federation.
2. The Board of Directors shall consist of the President, who shall be elected in
accordance with Rule 6, plus Fourteen (14) members of the board, of whom at least one each shall be from East, South-East, South, Central and West Asia. Two (2) Directors to be taken from regions having more than 10 members The Board of Directors shall, thereafter, elect five (5) Vice-Presidents and one (1) Secretary General. Also the President in consultation with the board will appoint an honorary treasurer who may not be a board member but is entitled to attend all meetings of the Board and the Council. As such there will be Fifteen (15) members including the President.
3. Membership of the Board shall be personal, and no member shall be accountable to any Association, either National or Regional, in respect of work on the Board.
4. The Board of Directors and Committees shall serve and act on an honorary basis for a period of two (2) years, whereas the President will serve and act for a period of 4 years.
5. The Board of Directors shall be responsible to the Annual General Meeting.
6. The President of the Federation shall be elected in the Annual General Meeting from a list of nominees nominated by the National Associations to which such nominees belong.
7. The other members of the Board of Directors shall be elected in the Annual
General Meeting from a list of nominees nominated by the National Associations to which such nominees belong.
8. The Vice Presidents and Secretary General shall be elected by the Board of
Directors amongst their numbers who have been elected in the Annual General
9. The Board of Directors may appoint Committees and delegate such duties, as the Board of Directors may consider advisable.
10. Nominations must be signed by a member in writing and submitted to the Secretary General thirty (30) days before the Annual General Meeting.
11. The Secretary General shall keep a complete roll of all members, have custody of the records of the Federation and perform such other duties that normally pertain to that office.
12. The Honorary Treasurer shall have charge and keep a complete record of the funds, income and expenses of the Federation and is responsible to present yearly audited statement of accounts.
13. The Board of Directors may co-opt any person within the Federation to be a
member of the Board if a vacancy (ies) arise(s) at any time for any reason. The co- opted member shall serve until the next Annual General Meeting, at which time his / her appointment will be ratified.
14. Those who have rendered long and distinguished service in the position of President of the Federation may be nominated by the Board of Directors for election by an Annual General Meeting to the position of Honorary Life President or Honorary Life Vice President of the Federation.
15. Those who have rendered long and distinguished service in the position of Vice- President of the Federation may be nominated by the Board of Directors for election by an Annual General Meeting to the position of Honorary Life Vice President of Honorary Counselors of the Federation.
16. Persons who have rendered long and distinguished service to the Federation may be nominated by the Board of Directors for election by an Annual General Meeting to the position of Honorary Counselors of the Federation.
17. All honorary office holders may attend and speak at all ATF General Meetings; but shall not have the power to vote.
18. Members shall not be entitled to payment for their services but shall, where
possible, be provided travel and accommodation assistance.
19. Between General Meetings, the Board shall have administrative powers to carry on the work of the Federation and the day-to-day management of the Federation, and may delegate each of their powers and duties to professional executives appointed by the Board.
ARTICLE IX: DUES AND ASSESSMENTS
1. All applications admitted for membership in the Federation shall pay an initial membership fee, which shall be fixed in the Annual General Meeting of the Federation from time to time.
2. All members shall pay an annual due at the beginning of each fiscal year. The fiscal year of the Federation shall be the first day of January to the last day of December. The annual due shall be fixed by the Annual General Meeting from time to time.
3. A member with his annual due outstanding is not eligible to vote.
ARTICLE XI: FINANCE
1. Accounts of the Federation:
a. Unless otherwise decided by the Annual General Meeting, the fiscal year of the Federation shall close on the 31st day of December, and an annual statement of account shall be prepared and audited as soon as possible thereafter. The audited statement of account shall be submitted to the ensuing Annual General Meeting.
b. The reporting currency of the ATF shall be in United States Dollars.
2. The income of the Federation shall include, but shall not be limited to:
b. Sponsorship money paid in respect of official events of the Federation
c. Sanction Fees
d. ATF Tennis Foundation
e. Contributions received
f. Assistance by the ITF
3. The Board of Directors shall control the accounts of the Federation and any funds, which may be established for the official events or other activities of the Federation. The control and management of funds will be as determined by the Annual General Meeting in accordance with the budget approved.
CERTIFIED TRUE COPY
(As On 10 August 2016)
Asian Tennis Federation
333total visits,4visits today